Saturday, January 26, 2008

My New Website

Yesterday I finally finished up the the last few pieces of my new website at http://www.benjaminvanscoter.com/.

This isn't the very first upload of my site, and in fact was a complete overhaul of what I put there originally. (I didn't post about my original upload because I didn't come around to it, but if you might have seen the link on the sidebar of this blog when I first loaded my original content.)

If you never saw my original site, then you won't notice how different and totally sweet the new design and flow is of my newly updated website.

I made several changes to the template structure, and colors... perhaps most noticeable right away would be the new header image and background to the menu bar on the top.

Also I made some file-structure changes so that it isn't so flat and complicated to edit.

As starters I changed the Home page to be more of an overview of my skills and qualifications where you can then check out what you are most interested in.

You might particularly notice that the About page isn't just one page loaded with tons of information but is more of a landing-page where you can pick and choose to check out whatever your interested in.

Also, I changed the Portfolio and Services pages to be more expandable and more like landing-pages as well.

I've also added a bunch more content from my experiences with Underachieving and learning from the Rich Dad Series as well as my education

My Resume though remains almost entirely the same, but with the addition of file icons at the bottom.

Now my website will be more suitable as a means for me to let people know what I'm doing or involved in and am interested in as well as for others to learn about me and what I can do.

I even have a Resources section where I keep a list of some of the resources I use and others could benefit from.

Of course I have bigger plans for this site... like implementing easy page bookmarking links and a whole bunch more information, resources and perhaps some more services... but what is currently there now will suffice for the time being.

So go ahead and check out my website!

Permalink/TrackBack:
http://bvanscoter.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-new-website.html

No comments:

 

pages

legal information

privacy policy

We respect your privacy and promise to never sell, barter, share or rent your information to any unauthorized third party. By providing your contact information you are also requesting and agreeing to receive important information about future events. (You may unsubscribe at any time.)
view full privacy policy here

certification of authenticity

I certify that the information contained on this site is true and complete to the best of my knowledge and understanding, any discrepencies will be governed by the terms of use.

terms of use

Everything we provide is provided "as is" including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, without any promise or guarantee of earnings. All forward looking statements on any of our materials are intended as an expression our opinion and will not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages from your actions.
view official terms of use