Friday, October 5, 2007

JavaScript Action Text

I am working on this cool little script in JavaScript that will move HTML objects around on a website, a really cool script overall for the unblockable 'pop-up' floating messages and other really cool object moving uses.

I am going to be using this script on the new website I am creating for my cousin's insurance agency (VanScoter Insurance Agency) to create something that looks like the moving text on Noto Insurance's website... but the major difference is that with the script I am making it won't use flash, which is harder for search engines to read and index, and will load faster.

But, to make so that it can move multiple HTML objects on the same page that are different CSS Classes (which is how each object is identified on the page) I am needed to figure out how to use classes in JavaScript.


Web Developer's Journal

So when researching how to create and use classes I found this Tutorial on WebDevelopersJournal.com that describes how to create functions and classes...

And as it turns out, classes are easier to define and create in javascript than I thought they would be.

So once I get home (I'm doing this post at work - The Ridgemont Wegmans) I am going to fix up my script.

Permalink/TrackBack:
http://bvanscoter.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-am-working-on-this-cool-little-script.html

No comments:

 

pages

legal information

privacy policy

We respect your privacy and promise to never sell, barter, share or rent your information to any unauthorized third party. By providing your contact information you are also requesting and agreeing to receive important information about future events. (You may unsubscribe at any time.)
view full privacy policy here

certification of authenticity

I certify that the information contained on this site is true and complete to the best of my knowledge and understanding, any discrepencies will be governed by the terms of use.

terms of use

Everything we provide is provided "as is" including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, without any promise or guarantee of earnings. All forward looking statements on any of our materials are intended as an expression our opinion and will not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages from your actions.
view official terms of use