Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Chevelle Concert (Sept. 4)

So a while back I went to this Chevelle concert.

And when I got back:

  • I had no voice....
  • I had a constant ringing in my ears!
  • And I came back liking Chevelle even more!

I was probably a wreck when I got back! I was so tired that I crashed right away... I barely made it home.

Keith went with me and as he can vouch, he probably wondered if I was going to fall asleep driving back or drive off the road.

(I inadvertently switched lanes several times because I was so tired and could barely keep my eyes open... Thank God for the Doritos I brought, once I started munching on them I was able to stay awake better!)

Now back to the concert -- here are some of my comments and what I thought about it...

Ok, so the first opening band at the concert was 2 Cents [myspace | Amazon] they were a pretty heavy and energetic opening band.

Perhaps they were better live than I had initially perceived they would have been though I really didn't like their profanity.

But I think the fact that makes up for it is that they played their song Victims of Pop Culture that goes "pop music is the enemy..." and bashed a lot of those crappy little bands that really suck. Check out the last question in this interview to discover the meaning!

The second opener for Chevelle then was Fair To Midland [myspace | Amazon] who definitely had an interesting, and very light sound to them - even live.

Fair To Midland was very predictable in their music, like you can tell when they would jam out and then instantly stop and start again. And, beyond just that all their songs sounded pretty much the same!

So much so to the point that you started to ask yourself "didn't they just play this song?" - not that cool.

I'm perhaps surprised that though I thought I would have liked Fair To Midland more than I actually did after seeing them live... and what didn't help them was that the lead singer when 'dancing' would pretty much spaz-out on the stage as if ceasing in an upright position.

So as it turns out I liked 2Cents more than I liked Fair To Midland (minus their profanity).

And now we're up to Chevelle [myspace | Amazon] the headlining band. That have been touring for their new record...


Vena Sera

And their most recent single from the CD I Get It.

There are a lot of great things to say about them this concert.

It seems that everyone in the band just seemed to have more fun at this concert than at the last concert I saw with them, especially Dean:

They played a lot more of their older songs from Wonder What's Next and some from Point #1. And with a lot of the songs it seemed that Dean and even Pete would add a little extra to their playing, adding an extra chord and changing the sound / music a little.

As a whole they interacted a lot more and better with the audience! And they actually smiled and messed around with each other on stage, it was definitely a great concert!!

Even though Magic City Music Hall had a terrible sound and speaker set up that made it sound pretty crappy if you were right in front of the stage -- but it was still a great concert (you can't hold that against Chevelle or the other bands)!!

Permalink/TrackBack:
http://bvanscoter.blogspot.com/2007/10/chevelle-concert-sept-4.html

No comments:

 

pages

legal information

privacy policy

We respect your privacy and promise to never sell, barter, share or rent your information to any unauthorized third party. By providing your contact information you are also requesting and agreeing to receive important information about future events. (You may unsubscribe at any time.)
view full privacy policy here

certification of authenticity

I certify that the information contained on this site is true and complete to the best of my knowledge and understanding, any discrepencies will be governed by the terms of use.

terms of use

Everything we provide is provided "as is" including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, without any promise or guarantee of earnings. All forward looking statements on any of our materials are intended as an expression our opinion and will not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages from your actions.
view official terms of use